Exciting Things to do Around Lake Erie
Many know Geneva-on-the-Lake as Ohio’s first summer resort, but there is more to this Lake Erie beach town than its sizzling summers. Whether it is fall, winter, spring, or summer, there are always plenty of fun activities! Read on to discover the best things to do near Geneva-on-the-Lake. Afterward, if you are looking for more of the area’s top attractions, download our free Geneva-on-the-Lake Vacation Guide. Our guide is full of handpicked, local recommendations and has everything you need to plan the perfect Lake Erie getaway.
The Best Things to Do Near Geneva-on-the-Lake
- Take your time to explore the fall foliage of Northeast Ohio. We recommend exploring the area’s many covered bridges!
- Castaway in October and enjoy the last month of perch fishing for the season.
- Celebrate grape harvest season by visiting a local winery or participating in the Geneva Grape Jamboree.
- Grab an apple cider donut, pick a pumpkin, take a hayride, and get a taste of fall at Brant’s Apple Orchard.
- Visit and support a local brewery or distillery.
- Snowshoe, snow bike, and cross-country ski at Geneva State Park.
- Experience a quieter side of Northeast Ohio on a winter winery tour.
- Find locally unique gifts on a Geneva-on-the-Lake holiday shopping spree.
- See the largest holiday light display on Lake Erie at Ashtabula County’s Lights on the Lake event.
- Cure your winter weather doldrums with a relaxing day at The Lakehouse Inn Spa.
- Celebrate sugaring season at the Bissell Maple Farm Maple Madness Tour.
- Stretch your winter legs after the snow melts and take a ride down one of the area’s bike trails.
- Kick off golf season at a beautiful Northeast Ohio golf course.
- Welcome in the first month of walleye fishing season on a Lake Erie fishing charter.
- Hunt for beach glass before the summer crowds come in.
- Spend a day exploring the historic Lake Erie lighthouses of Northeast Ohio.
- Canoe, kayak, and stand-up paddleboard on Lake Erie and the surrounding waterways.
- Embark on a Lake Erie ziplining adventure.
- Take a walk on the Geneva-on-the-Lake Strip and indulge in classic boardwalk eats like ice cream floats and french fries.
- Celebrate with live music, a lighted boat parade, and more at one of the area’s most anticipated summer events, the Wine & Walleye Festival.
The Best Thing to Enjoy Throughout the Year
Relaxation is one of the most important aspects of any vacation; whether it is spring, summer, fall, or winter, you will find plenty of ways to unwind at The Lakehouse Inn. Nestled along the beautiful Lake Erie, only minutes away from the Geneva-on-the-Lake Strip, our inn is the perfect place to experience the best of what the region offers and return home feeling completely refreshed!