Autumn in Ohio welcomes cool weather, colorful foliage, pumpkin patches, and beloved fall traditions. It is one of the most beautiful times of the year to plan an Ashtabula County, Ohio, covered bridge tour, so we’ve created a guide on how to plan the perfect trip. While you are exploring these beautiful historic bridges, take your time to enjoy everything that Northeast Ohio offers! For recommendations on parks, restaurants, festivals, and more, download our free Geneva-on-the-Lake Vacation Guide.
A Perfect Ashtabula County Covered Bridge Tour
About the Ashtabula Covered Bridge Loop
The Ashtabula Covered Bridges Trail, also known as the Covered Bridge Loop, offers 12 covered bridges over a span of a 67-mile stretch. Each of the bridges on the loop are best seen via a driving tour. In order to see them all, we recommend setting aside an entire day. You will be happy to know that many of them are only a short trip away from the Lakehouse Inn!
The Ashtabula County Covered Bridge Festival
If you are planning a fall getaway and want to explore Ohio’s many covered bridges, then we recommend making a trip to the Ashtabula County Covered Bridge Festival. This festival takes place each year on the second weekend of October. You can look forward to crafts, entertainment, a quilt show, great food, and more. Best of all? This fall festival is free to the public!
Covered Bridges You’ll Find Near The Lakehouse Inn
Below, you will find over a dozen covered bridges that are convenient to the Lakehouse Inn! Each listing shows the city where you’ll find the bridge and the approximate drive time from our inn. You may access directions by clicking on each bridge!
- Harpersfield | Geneva, OH | 15 minutes
- Mechanicsville Road | Geneva, OH | 15 minutes
- Olin Bridge | Ashtabula, OH | 25 minutes
- Smolen-Gulf | Ashtabula, OH | 25 minutes
- Benetka Road | Ashtabula, OH | 30 minutes
- Riverdale | Rock Creek, OH | 25 minutes
- Doyle Road | Jefferson, OH | 25 minutes
- Netcher Road | Jefferson, OH | 30 minutes
- Giddings Road | Jefferson, OH | 30 minutes
- South Denmark Road | Jefferson, OH | 35 minutes
- Caine Road | Jefferson, OH | 35 minutes
- Graham Road | Jefferson, OH | 35 minutes
- Root Road | Conneaut, OH | 35 minutes
- Middle Road | Conneaut, OH | 40 minutes
- Creek Road | Conneaut, OH | 40 minutes
- Windsor Mills | Windsor, OH | 40 minutes
The Best Place to Stay
Each of these covered bridges are less than 40 minutes away from the Lakehouse Inn! After a day of exploring, head back home to our inn and enjoy the best of what the area offers. When you book any of our cozy rooms, like the Traditional King, you can look forward to the best amenities, packages, and top-notch service. We offer each of our guests complimentary breakfast during the weekends at Crosswinds Grille, $2 wine tastings from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and many other conveniences that make a stay at our inn a one-of-a-kind experience. When you are ready to plan your next getaway to the beautiful Lake Erie, check our availability and book your stay. We can’t wait to welcome you to Geneva-on-the-Lake!
If you are looking for more fun things to do after touring these covered bridges, remember to download your free Geneva-on-the-Lake Vacation Guide!