Policies at Our Lakeside Resort in Ohio
The Lakehouse Inn is the perfect choice for an Ohio weekend getaway, romantic vacation, or other special occasions. We offer a variety of lodging accommodations including our eight B&B guestrooms, cottages, and a beach house. Since we are located on the southern shore of Lake Erie, you can stay with us and get in plenty of fishing.
During this time of uncertainty, guests may be hesitant to travel as vacation and getaway experiences are changing. The Lakehouse Inn team has carefully thought out each element of your stay and although the experience you receive at The Lakehouse Inn may be different, the level of guest service and cleanliness is a priority and is being handled with extreme care.
- Our e-mail correspondences and our electronic guest book are full of things to do the area and sights to see. We recommend viewing them thoroughly before your arrival.
- Lastly, we will continue to provide a clean and sanitary environment for our guests. We are initiating additional measures to ensure that each room and all shared areas are safe and comfortable for our guests. We will continue to use commercial & hospital-grade disinfectants and sanitizers. We will continue to strive for the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of our property. You may read more about our cleanliness standards and procedures by clicking here.
- All prices are for 2 people.
- The rates do not include a 6.75% Sales Tax and 8% Bed Tax.
- Some units can accommodate up to four guests at an additional fee of $20 per additional guest per night. There is no charge for children under 5. Children aged 5-10, $10 per person per night. Children over 10, $20 per person per night.
- Bed & Breakfast -From April thru mid-November, a two-night minimum is required for all weekend rentals. A 3-night minimum is required for the three holiday weekends.
- Smoking is limited to outside areas. Please refer to the 2006 enacted Ohio State Law.
- The Lakehouse Inn and/or its employees are not responsible for any damages due to loss or theft during your stay or items left behind after check-out. We will make every attempt to secure any personal items left behind in the room following check-out and will hold said items for a period of thirty (30) days.
- Cottages—From April thru mid-November, a two-night minimum is required for all weekend rentals and a 3-night minimum is required for the three holiday weekends. From Memorial Weekend-September, a two-night minimum is required for all rentals.
- Beach House—A 2-night minimum is required for all rentals from Memorial Weekend-September, however, a 3-night minimum is required for the 3 holiday weekends (Memorial Weekend, 4th of July & Labor Day Weekend.) The remainder of the year, there is a two night minimum for all weekend rentals.
- Children are welcome.
- Pets cannot be accommodated.
Check-In & Check-Out
We are aware that many of our guests may be hesitant about the face to face interaction with our team. We are implementing self-check ins and check outs.
To ensure your stay is at its best we will be texting more with our guests to make sure your needs are met. We know our guest services team is often a highlight for many of our guests. To keep you and our team safe, we will be doing more virtual communication, in lieu of face to face interaction but the same care and thoughtfulness will still go into each visit.
- In person check in’s and check outs are optional. Check in’s can be done over the phone on the day of your arrival. We will send you your room code and instructions via text
- For check outs, all balances will be charged to the card on file at 10am of the day of your departure. Our guest services team is also available in person if needed
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m; If you plan to arrive after 6 p.m., please let us know so we can prepare a self-check-in.
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
Our breakfast is changing to provide our guests with an enhanced experience that follows the guidelines put forth by the Governor and CDC. Breakfast baskets will be available for a pickup time of your choosing so that you may enjoy your breakfast in bed or lakeside. The choices are limitless. Breakfast items, although different from what we normally serve, will still be guest choice from a small menu.
- Breakfast will be chosen at check in and delivered to your room each day of your stay. Our breakfast will change but the quality of what we do will remain the same.
- Breakfast is included each morning of your stay.
Option for our guests who want to limit interactions with others. Our indoor dining will resume on May 22nd. We are taking the utmost precautions to reopen our dining facility. If you want to dine privately in your room delivery can be arranged.
- Dinner can be ordered from Crosswinds Grille, Wednesday-Saturday from our limited take out menu and can be delivered to your room. If you are staying on a day where our restaurant isn’t open, we will provide a take out menu with places in the area you can order from.
All cancellations will incur a $50 cancelation fee.
We require you to give 14 days' notice to cancel your reservation. Reservations canceled more than 14 days prior to your arrival will receive a refund of the deposit, less the $50 fee.
If you give us less than 14 days notice of cancellation you forfeit your deposit, which is 50% of your reservation total. Early departures and no shows fall under our cancellation policy and therefore will result in the loss of your deposit.
- All cancellations are subject to a $50 processing fee per room.
- If notification of a cancellation is received more than (14) days prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for large groups and special events), the remainder of the deposit will be refunded.
- If notification of a cancellation is received (14) days or less prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for large groups and special events), the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
- Early departure falls within our cancellation policy. There are no refunds for early departure.
- We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay.
- Should you fail to cancel your reservation and not arrive at the inn, you are responsible for the entire reserved stay.
- All cancellations must be made by phone. We are not responsible for messages left on voicemail or through email.
Winter Weather Cancellation Policy
You no longer have to worry about cancellation fees when the weather turns ugly.
Our Winter Weather Guarantee at The Lakehouse Inn Resort is if the National Weather Service issues a Warning* of severe weather in Geneva, the town you reside in (which would be the address you gave us upon making your reservation), or on the direct route between your home and The Lakehouse, you can cancel your travel plans due to the weather conditions on the day of check-in, you will not be charged for the reservation as long as you rebook your reservation within the next 3 months or May 1st, whichever is shorter.
*The National Weather Service defines a warning as: “A forecast issued when severe weather has developed, is already occurring and reported, or is detected on radar. Warnings state a particular hazard or imminent danger, such as … winter storms, heavy snows, etc.”
- A deposit of one night’s rate per room is required at the time of the reservation, for a one to three-night stay; for four or more nights and special packages or events, 50% of the total is required at the time of the reservation.
- Reservations made less than 14 days prior to the arrival date will be charged in full and are non-refundable.
- All deposits must be made by credit card at the time of reservation.
Large Groups or Special Events
- For parties of three or more rooms reserved by one person or for special events hosted by The Lakehouse Inn, 50% deposit is required and a 30-day cancellation policy applies (i.e. Murder Mystery Dinner, Girls’ Weekend, Winery Tour.)
- For parties of six or more rooms reserved by one person, 50% deposit is required and a 60-day cancellation policy applies.