Policies at Our Lakeside Resort in Ohio
The Lakehouse Inn is the perfect choice for an Ohio weekend getaway, romantic vacation, or other special occasions. We offer a variety of lodging accommodations including our eight B&B guestrooms, cottages, and a beach house. Since we are located on the southern shore of Lake Erie, you can stay with us and get in plenty of fishing.
- All prices are for 2 people.
- The rates do not include a 6.75% Sales Tax and 8% Bed Tax.
- Some units can accommodate up to four guests at an additional fee of $20 per additional guest per night. There is no charge for children under 5. Children aged 5-10, $10 per person per night. Children over 10, $20 per person per night.
- Bed & Breakfast -From April thru mid-November, a two-night minimum is required for all weekend rentals. A 3-night minimum is required for the three holiday weekends.
- Smoking is limited to outside areas. Please refer to the 2006 enacted Ohio State Law.
- The Lakehouse Inn and/or its employees are not responsible for any damages due to loss or theft during your stay or items left behind after check-out. We will make every attempt to secure any personal items left behind in the room following check-out and will hold said items for a period of thirty (30) days.
- Cottages—From April thru mid-November, a two-night minimum is required for all weekend rentals and a 3-night minimum is required for the three holiday weekends. From Memorial Weekend-September, a two-night minimum is required for all rentals.
- Beach House—A 2-night minimum is required for all rentals from Memorial Weekend-September, however, a 3-night minimum is required for the 3 holiday weekends (Memorial Weekend, 4th of July & Labor Day Weekend.) The remainder of the year, there is a two night minimum for all weekend rentals.
- Children are welcome.
- Pets cannot be accommodated.
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m; If you plan to arrive after 6 p.m., please let us know so we can prepare a self-check-in.
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:30-10 a.m.
- Breakfast is included each morning of your stay.
Due to unprecedented circumstances we are working hard to adjust our cancellation policy to better serve our guests.
Our guest service representatives are working hard to reach out to guests who have near future reservations to notify them of our closure. For our guests who have reservations from May 1st throughout the rest of 2020: We are working diligently to finalize a timeline for cancellations and refunds. We ask that our guests be patient with us during this time while we are making the right decisions for our guests, team and business.
We are asking guests who have reservations past May 1st to hold off on cancelling at this time until we know more about the current pandemic situation.
- All cancellations are subject to a $20 processing fee per room.
- If notification of a cancellation is received more than (14) days prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for large groups and special events), the remainder of the deposit will be refunded.
- If notification of a cancellation is received (14) days or less prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for large groups and special events), the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
- Early departure falls within our cancellation policy. There are no refunds for early departure.
- We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay.
- Should you fail to cancel your reservation and not arrive at the inn, you are responsible for the entire reserved stay.
- All cancellations must be made by phone. We are not responsible for messages left on voicemail or through email.
Winter Weather Cancellation Policy
You no longer have to worry about cancellation fees when the weather turns ugly.
Our Winter Weather Guarantee at The Lakehouse Inn Resort is if the National Weather Service issues a Warning* of severe weather in Geneva, the town you reside in (which would be the address you gave us upon making your reservation), or on the direct route between your home and The Lakehouse, you can cancel your travel plans due to the weather conditions on the day of check-in, you will not be charged for the reservation as long as you rebook your reservation within the next 3 months or May 1st, whichever is shorter.
*The National Weather Service defines a warning as: “A forecast issued when severe weather has developed, is already occurring and reported, or is detected on radar. Warnings state a particular hazard or imminent danger, such as … winter storms, heavy snows, etc.”
- A deposit of one night’s rate per room is required at the time of the reservation, for a one to three-night stay; for four or more nights and special packages or events, 50% of the total is required at the time of the reservation.
- Reservations made less than 14 days prior to the arrival date will be charged in full and are non-refundable.
- All deposits must be made by credit card at the time of reservation.
Large Groups or Special Events
- For parties of three or more rooms reserved by one person or for special events hosted by The Lakehouse Inn, 50% deposit is required and a 30-day cancellation policy applies (i.e. Murder Mystery Dinner, Girls’ Weekend, Winery Tour.)
- For parties of six or more rooms reserved by one person, 50% deposit is required and a 60-day cancellation policy applies.