Pack your bags, grab your best friends, and crank up the volume on your road trip to have the ultimate Lake Erie girls’ weekend getaway! There are so many fun and exciting activities and adventures from which to choose. Wine and dine your way through small towns. Peruse unique antique shops and niche boutiques. Relax with a luxurious spa day. Then, curl up with a glass of red in your cozy cottage at The Lakehouse Inn. Continue reading to get some ideas for your getaway!
Then, request a free copy of our Vacation Guide for even more thoughtful suggestions on what to do around Geneva-on-the-Lake.
Editor’s Note 2022: Due to COVID-19, some businesses and restaurants may have reduced hours and different safety protocols. Please check with the individual businesses before making your plans.
The 5 Best Things to Do During Your Lake Erie Girls’ Weekend Getaway
1. Wine & Dine Your Girls
Feast on delicious local fare at unique restaurants and cheer for a fabulous girls’ weekend. Taste fresh, local maple syrup. Devour tasty bites in nearby towns. Warm your cheeks with a glass of red wine at the Inn. Here are some great ideas to get you started:
- Indulge at The Lakehouse Inn
- Experience one of the best Geneva-on-the-Lake wine tours
- Check out a Madison, OH, winery
- Get a sugar rush at Bissell Maple Farm in the winter
- Find the best pizza in Ashtabula, Ohio
- Satisfy your appetite at a Madison, OH, restaurant
2. Shop ’til You Drop
Whether you’re searching for a beautiful black dress for a night out with the girls or looking for a unique gift to bring back home, you have to check out some of the best shops and boutiques in the area! There are even some fantastic vintage and antique shops in town as well. We recommend:
- The Lakehouse Inn & Winery Gift Shop
- Bridge Street Art Works – local artwork
- Heartmade Boutique – women’s clothing
- Alive With Color Art Studio / Bohemian Ice Jewelry – handmade jewelry and art
- & more!
3. Explore Natural Wonders & Historical Attractions
Make memories with your favorite friends while embarking on adventures, relaxing in nature, or learning more about local history. Here are some of our favorite things to do nearby:
- Seek out the most Instagram-worthy destinations
- Organize a visit to Fairport Harbor Marine Museum and Lighthouse
- Walk above the clouds at The Holden Arboretum.
- Spend some time at Lake Shore Park in Ashtabula, Ohio
- Get lost and wander at Presque Isle State Park
4. Relax & Unwind
Plan a relaxing spa day to reset and unwind after exploring, wining, and dining. The Spa at The Lakehouse Inn has everything you need to indulge in a relaxing day of mimosas and massages. We offer everything from full-body massages and lavish facials to specialized body treatments and waxing. If you’re having a hard time deciding on a treatment, consider one of our customized spa specials and packages!
5. Kick Back in Luxurious Accommodations at The Lakehouse Inn
After a busy day of touring vineyards, exploring nearby towns, and shopping for unique souvenirs, return to The Lakehouse Inn. Our cozy cottages are perfect for a Lake Erie girls’ weekend getaway! Each cottage has two bedrooms and can hold a maximum of four guests.
You’ll have a cozy small living room and a private patio, perfect for chatting and sharing a bottle of wine and taking in the beautiful views with a cup of coffee in the morning.
Check our availability and start planning the girlfriend getaway of your dreams!