Whether it’s a family Christmas trip or a couples getaway, you never need to stress about what to do next when you vacation in the Buckeye State. Read on to discover 11 of the greatest winter activities in Northeast Ohio! Afterward, if you are looking for more ways to make your vacation memorable, take advantage of our specials at The Lakehouse Inn. From Jacuzzi suite getaways to winery tours, our packages have everything you need to make this winter vacation the best one yet.
The Best Winter Activities in Northeast Ohio
Snow Much Fun Activities
The snow only comes down for a few months each year. Instead of hibernating, get outside and stay active! Some of our favorite outdoor activities include:
- Spending a day at Geneva State Park. Snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and ice fishing are the park’s most popular winter sports!
- Taking a ride down the Western Reserve Greenway via cross country skiing and snowmobiling.
- Embarking on a family snowshoe hike at Holden Arboretum. Snowshoe lessons and other winter classes are available throughout the season.
Geneva-on-the-Lake is Ohio’s hottest summer destination, but that doesn’t mean the party is over when the colder months arrive. You’ll find so many reasons to smile when you attend any of these festive winter events!
- Ashtabula County’s Lights on the Lake: Enjoy festive holiday lights, visits from Santa Claus, and beloved holiday traditions. (Thanksgiving weekend through New Year’s Eve)
- New Year’s Eve Events: Ring in the new year at a local winery or restaurant!
- Geneva Winterfest: Celebrate winter with snow sculpting, human dog sled races, a chili cook-off, ice bars, and more. (February)
- Bissell Maple Farm’s Maple Madness Tour: Get a sweet taste of Northeast Ohio with the ultimate maple experience. Enjoy free pancakes, live music, and plenty of samples! (March)
- Ice Wine Festival: Sip and savor some of the top wines produced in Northeast Ohio. (March)
Fantastic Indoor Activities
There comes a time every winter when it is too cold to venture outside. Luckily, when you book your stay at The Lakehouse Inn, you’ll find plenty of indoor activities to enjoy without stepping foot off our property! Some of our guests’ favorite activities include:
- Wine tasting in inn’s Great Room. If you feel like venturing off property, winter winery tours are another excellent way to warm up indoors!
- Taking care of winter weather skin with a hydrating facial at the spa.
- Indulging with comfort foods and spending quality time with family and friends at Geneva-on-the-Lake’s No. 1 restaurant, Crosswinds Grille!
Plan Your All-Inclusive Winter Getaway at The Lakehouse Inn
Whether it is winter, fall, summer, or spring, one of the best things to do in Northeast Ohio is staying at The Lakehouse Inn. When you book any of our cottages, you can always look forward to the best amenities, packages, and top-notch service! If you are ready to plan your vacation, check our specials and book your stay. We look forward to hosting you soon!
View our free Geneva-on-the-Lake Vacation Guide for more recommendations on winter activities.