Calling everyone else who is more than deserving of a relaxing day at the spa! Here’s your guide to creating your spa at home. Stay safe, stay home, and find your oasis.
Explore our Vacation Guide and discover all the pampering Ohio has to offer!
Daily Self-Care Tips: A Guide to Creating Your Spa at Home
The COVID-19 pandemic has reconstructed the way we live our daily lives. Self-care has never been more pertinent to creating a stable environment inside your home. From sanitizing to scrubs, we have everything you need to know about forming your spa at home.
Moisturizing Your Skin and Protecting From Harsh Soaps and Antibacterial
While we have learned the art of washing our hands now more than ever, our skin can take a beating from the harsh chemicals in soaps and sanitizers. Here are a few tips for how to protect your hands.
- Massage a small amount of olive oil to the palm of one hand. Slowly rub your hands together, massaging the oil into your skin and cuticles. Pay particular attention to any dry areas.
- Next, place a small spoonful of sugar in your palm. Rub your hands together, gently exfoliating with the scrub. Focus on any dry patches or rough areas.
- Rinse the scrub off your hands with warm water. Using a clean towel, dry your hands.
- Finish by applying your favorite lotion. We recommend IMage Skincare’s VITAL C hydrating hand and body lotion.
Staying Limber at Home
While you’re safe inside your homes, we understand that less physical activity may occur. Our licensed massage therapist, Suzanne, has developed a few stretches to keep your muscles engaged and your body limber.
- Turn your head to look over your right shoulder without moving your shoulders. Keep chin parallel to the floor. Hold for 5 to 10 breaths. Slowly return to center, repeat on the left side.
- Keeping the mouth closed, bend head forward, bringing the chin toward the heart. Hold 5 to 10 breaths. Slowly lift head back to the center. Repeat on the left side. The second time is doing this stretch; you can gently place one hand on the crown of your head. Very slowly, use little weight from your hand to further stretch your chin toward your heart.
- Keeping your mouth closed and jaw relaxed, slowly start to lift your chin toward the sky as your head tilts back. Hold stretch 5 to 10 breaths. Slowly bring the chin forward, returning to starting position.
- While looking straight ahead, tilt head to the right side, reaching right ear toward the right shoulder. Be aware of keeping both shoulders relaxed and down toward the floor. Hold 5 to 10 breaths. Tilt head back to the center. Repeat on the left side.
- Doing the same stretch above, once you have reached as far as you can, gently place your right hand on the head above ear, slowly add weight with your hand to assist the stretch. Hold 5 to 10 breaths. Tilt head back to center, repeat on the left side.
- From starting position of looking forward, slowly tilt head to the right. The right ear falls toward the right shoulder, continuing to look forward. Keeping head tilted to the right, slowly letting head and chin roll slightly ahead. (Your chin should now be at an angle.) Gently place right hand on top of the head. Add light assistance to stretch by using the weight of the hand. Hold 5 to 10 breaths. Slowly return to start position. Repeat on the left side.
The Perfect DIY Milk Scrub
Milk Scrub Treatment Recipe
One cup of milk
Five cups of warm water
A dab of baby oil
A handful of sugar (or salt)
Mix all ingredients into a thick paste and rub in a circular motion. Rinse and pat feet dry. Then apply a thick moisturizer to the bottom of your feet. Throw on thick, cozy socks and relax for a few hours.
Experience Relaxation at The Lakehouse Inn
Experience beautiful accommodations and amenities at our Geneva-on-the-Lake bed and breakfast. The Lakehouse Inn features eight guest rooms, three cottages, and an excellent Lake Erie beach house rental. Our accommodations are ideal for family vacations, weekend girls’ trips, or a romantic getaway to Geneva, Ohio.
We can’t wait to see all of your smiling faces at The Lakehouse Inn and Spa! Book your stay so you can enjoy a relaxing day at the spa with us!